Saturday, February 27, 2010

Amazing homemade films

Who said Twitter was useless (yes I know) ?! It led me to find these couple of amazing super low budget movies that people made at home on their computers. Power to the people!

Bill Parker's "Star Wars Vs. Star Trek"



I saved the best for last so keep reading after the jump for more!

Fede Alvarez's "Ataque de Panico"



I can't believe this movie was made with only $300! There are so many awesome and complex special effects involved in this piece, including exploding buildings, detailing of the robots (including firing the missles and "transforming" at the end). I would have liked to see the robots trampling on cars or buildings, but I'm just being greedy. The 5,000,000 plus viewers on youtube apparently aren't the only ones impressed. Sam Raimi, director of the Spiderman trilogy, offered the film maker $30 million dollars to produce his own feature length project. Sounds like Alvarez is well on his way to becoming the next James Cameron... or at least Neil Blomkamp, who made (here comes my shameless plug) District 9 - the best movie of 2009!

2 comments:

XWingz87 said...

@Panic Attack: Someone probably stayed overtime (and didn't get paid) to do the Special Effects.

And maybe I'm being cynical, but I don't see how it'll make a great Hollywood movie. It looks another alien invasion movie, which we've all already seen way too many times. District 9 was good because it turned the alien invasion idea around and made us the bad guys treating the aliens poorly. I wouldn't watch Panic Attack unless as of now. Seems like it's just another Independence Day.

Jay said...

I don't think the money is for making Panic Attack into a feature, probably just make any movie he has in mind.