Thursday, January 07, 2010

Quick Review of Zombieland -- X

I just watched Zombieland today, and I want to do a quick review of it. Let me start with the rating

Zombieland -- WASTE OF TIME (and a damn good one at that... in a good way)

Now let me just say, I loved the movie. So why's it a waste of time? Before you writing that on the comment, please check our rating system. In short, a waste of time doesn't mean that the movie is total waste of your time (that's more like a SELLOUT), it means it's great if you got time to spare and you just wanna watch a movie for having a good time.

This movie does that job very well. I'm normally pretty terrified of zombies and movies about apocalypse, but I watched the movie alone in my suite with the lights off, and I couldn't get scared, but Ruben Fleisher (director) makes it so comical that I can't help but laugh my ass off throughout the movie. And it makes references to the teen culture, the script is very similar to Juno and Jennifer's Body. In fact, this is what Jennifer's Body should've been (teen culture references with comedy and some gore), but failed to achieve.

In short, I definitely recommend watching this movie. It's nothing profound, and it makes not a single effort to be realistic, but it does give you 1 hr 38 mins of solid entertainment. It's great for relaxing your mind because you just got pwned by a final or when you're on a date with your bf/gf.

One thing I gotta add though, the girl is way too hot for a loser like Columbus.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Don't have a big problem with the rating, but one thing - a Waste of Time rating would mean you would not pay money to watch this movie in theaters. Since you gave Zombieland a Waste of Time and Sherlock Holmes a Blockbuster, does that mean you would pay to see Sherlock Holmes, but would only dl or sneak into Zombieland?

XWingz87 said...

point taken

I will think more about the rating next time.